Introduction to the IBO Grading System
- Performance in each subject is graded on a scale of 1 point (minimum) to 7 points (maximum).
- For the IB diploma, a maximum of 3 points is awarded for combined performance in TOK and the extended essay.
- The maximum total Diploma Programme points score is 45.
- Approx. 20 % of the assessment is internally assessed and moderated by the IBO
- The written exams make up the last 80 % of the assessment
- All written exams are usually taken by the end of the two years
- The Diploma will be awarded to a candidate who has a minimum of 24 points and has fulfilled the CAS requirements (150 hours).
- Furthermore, the candidate has to have fulfilled the requirements for Theory of Knowledge (1 essay of 1200 – 1500 words) & the Extended Essay (4000 words, 40 hours of work). The TOK and the EE contribute with a maximum of 3 points to the total score. For further information regarding the EE, please refer to the EE folder.
For further conditions regarding the award of the Diploma, please read this folder: